Elder Michael Thornton

Elder Michael Thornton
24 August 2011 to August 2013

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fifty-Third Letter Home 27 August 2012

We had a super cool week this week. Three of our investigators were baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. They are each super cool! They're each trying to change their lives. All three of them are really humble, and are willing to do their best to follow Jesus Christ. I love seeing people except the gospel, and I love seeing people use the atonement in their lives. It reminds me of the mercy and the love that the Savior has shown me on so many occasions.

One of the blessings that comes by sharing the gospel is that it reminds you of what the Savior has done for you personally. It's like taking the Sacrament. we take the Sacrament to remember Christ's atonement, and the covenant we made at baptism to follow him. Sharing your testimony about Christ, reminds you of what the Lord has done for you, and most importantly it reminds you about your relationship with the Savior. We need these constant reminders in our life, so we can avoid the distractions.

Potential - distraction = performance.

Alma 29:10 best describes the way I feel when I see people we have found and taught get baptized.

So I'm serving in a foursome of two companion sets, and we share the one vehicle. Well, one of the elders in the other companion set totalled our car in an intersection. So we've been on bike for a couple of weeks now, lol. It's okay though, I've lost some weight. My legs are getting stronger, and the weather is really nice right now. There are a lot of hills here to peddle up, and our area is pretty wide spread. Bike riding has been fun, and it hasn't slowed us down very much; but we are all ready to get some wheels. This area wasn't intended for bikes.

We went to the park today as a Zone, and we got to see the USS Stenis float down the Sound, on it's way out to sea. That was cool. I took some pictures. The USS Stenis is the aircraft carrier that Optimus Prime was standing on at the end of Transformers.

Speaking of aircraft carriers: The USS Kitty Hawk is here in Bremerton. It's retired, but it's sitting out in the water. Cool huh, I got to go on the Kitty Hawk when I was a little kid. It made me smile when I saw it.

That's about all the news I have. It's been a fun crazy week. The Lord has greatly blessed us, and I'm super stoked to be a missionary for another year! What a privilege, huh? I'm going to be the best I can be. I'm hoping that next transfer I get to train; I would really like to help a new elder get off to a great start on his mission. A bunch of new elders from the MTC are coming into the Mission this next transfer. So hopefully President Weaver will assign me to one, lol.

I love you guys, a lot of miracles are happening, and the people we found and taught last transfer are progressing towards baptism. I love my investigators, I would do anything for them. I love my Savior, and I want to give him everything I've got.

I love you guys; stay classy.

Love,


Elder Thornton

No comments:

Post a Comment