Elder Michael Thornton

Elder Michael Thornton
24 August 2011 to August 2013

Monday, December 12, 2011

Sixteenth Letter Home 12 December 2011

Week one of transfer-three came and went like the Navy SEALs: swift and efficient. It has been an awesome week. Elder Fosburgh is great, he is serious about missionary work, obedient, and fun to be around. We found five new investigators this week, and we have one on date for the 24th of December! I am having so much fun, I seriously love being out here. I'm going to miss Port Townsend when I get transferred, I really love the people here. 

I'll probably get transferred this coming transfer; but, this is going to be an awesome period. We have nine people in our teaching pool, I'm way super stoked. 

We've been teaching a kid in jail; he is 18 or 19. He has kids, and he really wants to turn his life around. I feel like he is sincere. He gets out of jail on the 20th, and he wants to start coming to Church. Its going to be kind of weird not having glass between us and him, lol. Elder Fosburgh had never taught in jail before, so he was pretty nervous, lol. Apparently it isn't a very common thing in the mission, except for here, lol. I've taught like six lessons in jail. Its not a very nice place to be — even on the side of the glass that I'm on.  Its funny, some sheriffs won't let us give the inmates Book of Mormons, while others will.  

Anyways, not much is new here. The work is great. The members are great. We have people to teach, and I'm having a blast. I finished the Book of Mormon, (I probably told you that already). I've started reading the New Testament, and I'm going to restart the Book of Mormon. 

I hope you have a wonderful week, I love all of you.
 
 
Love,
 
Elder Thornton

No comments:

Post a Comment