Elder Michael Thornton

Elder Michael Thornton
24 August 2011 to August 2013

Monday, September 5, 2011

First Letter Home 29 August 2011

Monday, the 29th
Hey Everyone! So much has happened since you dropped me off at the MTC. It feels like I've been here for much longer than I actually have, but that is because we get up at 6:00am, study, eat, study, eat, study, learn, study, eat, and go to sleep at 10:30.  I love it here. My companion is Elder Heiner. He is awesome, he is from Utah, and we get along well. I have learned a lot in the short time that I have been here. I have two progressing investigators (teachers that pretend to be investigators) named Richard and Stephan. I've only taught Stephan so far, and he only likes to party and play Halo. Elder Heiner and I taught him about the Restoration, and invited him to pray, read the Book of Mormon, and be baptised when he discovers the truth of our message for himself, through prayer. I'm becoming a better teacher, and I'm beginning to learn how to incorporate the Doctrine of Christ (Faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end.) into our lesson plans. I have felt the spirit everyday here. It is amazing. I know that this Church is true. I know that God lives, and that he loves us. He loves us so much that he sent his only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to come to the Earth and take upon himself all of our weaknesses, sorrows, pain, and sins, so that we would have the opportunity to make it back to our Heavenly Father. I know that God loves us, he restored his Gospel on the Earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith, and gave us the Book of Mormon, to testify of Christ, and to show us that through him, and only him, we can be saved. I have felt Gods love for me. I know that you are fine, because he told me that he would bless you as long as I'm being obedient and working hard. I'm being obedient, and I'm working hard. I love you, and I miss you, but I know that this is where I need to be. I don't want to be anywhere else right now. I know that God answers prayers, and I know that if you pray to him with a sincere heart, having faith in Christ, he will answer your prayers, and bless you beyond belief.
 

Love,

Elder Thornton


P.S. In an effort to stop saying Dude, Guys, and Man, the Elders in my district, who are totally awesome by the way, do push ups and pull ups every time we use one of those instead of Elder. Oh yeah, and Elder Heiner and I just became Zone Leaders. I don't know why they picked us, but we are thankful for the responsibility, and the experience.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment